Angel Sanchez
Miss Kim
English 10(Per. 3)
2 October 2009
His name is Marcus, Antonius & his speech takes place in Rome, Italy at Caesar's funeral. He speaks for Caesar & against Brutus and his speech, & lets not forget about Cassius. He was a friend to Caesar & with the other 2 murders. His argument is that he believed that Caesar didn't deserve to die but rather to live & had the right to rule. he also agues about that what Brutus & Cassius did was wrong & they don't deserve to be free-roaming around but deserve to be put in jail for their actions.
The audience, at 1st, didn't want to listen to Antony, for they already had believed in Brutus' speech. In Antony's speech he was angry for what Brutus & Cassius had done, he was pleading to the audience to listen to him & agree with him, & he was passionate for Caesar, since they were friends & to swade the audience. In the beginning of the speech he stated,".../Come I speak in Caesar's funeral. /He was my friend, faithful and just to me..." (Antony 86-87).
Yes, because like he states in his speech,"I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him" (Antony 76) he tells us like this,"I'm not here to be a represtentive? republican, but as a ROMAN CITIZEN like all of you." Telling us that he comes before us as a person, an ordinary, simple person, not no politician, or an important, rich, & wealthy person but as a plain folk. I would believe him because he defended Caesar's honor, pride, & recigition to rule as emperor. Not only that but he was honorable & respectful, for ex, he kept calling Brutus honorable during his speech, even though he did wrong. So, yeah, I believe he's believeable, he's honorable, respectful, has evidence to prove Brutus & Cassius wrong, & is good-will; & most of all I believe e is a trust worthy person.
Good job :] your so prettyyyy!
ReplyDeletehahah
ReplyDeletethank you
goooooood job on that essay thingy lol